COVID-19 | Initial Questions from Students
While the situation with COVID-19 is changing rapidly, Hanson College is taking proactive steps to protect our students and to help stop the spread of the virus. As of Sunday, March 15, all classes for all of our campuses have been continuing online through Schoology.
- The decision to move courses online through Schoology is to protect students and staff from the spread of the virus.
- YES. All Hanson campuses and classrooms are closed until further notice.
- Staff members are available via email should you have any questions.
- Instructors have moved all coursework to Schoology. Please check Schoology daily to stay up to date with readings and assignments.
- All exams are now online. Please check Schoology for instructions from your teachers on exam dates and deadlines.
- YES. Due to the priority of keeping students and staff safe during COVID-19, students will be assigned a capstone project instead of a work term field placement/co-op.
- The capstone project will be the same length and set schedule as your previous placement schedule.
- They are the same as field placement/co-op. Students are required to have an overall GPA of 2.0 or higher, before registering for the capstone course.
- The capstone project will be delivered online on Schoology. Hanson, through a designated teacher(s), will provide a project for students to work on in lieu of a placement.
- You will be asked to use the skills and knowledge you have gained during your studies at Hanson to complete the project, and will then be assessed by the instructor to determine whether you pass/fail.
- YES. Completing all your courses will allow you to graduate.
- We are doing our best to ensure this transition to online learning is as seamless as possible for all our students.
- YES. You are required to apply for a Co-op work permit for Winter 2021 and moving forward, even if you are taking the Capstone course.
- Staff from Co-op and Career Services will be available to provide you with resume/cover letter support, as well as interview preparation.
- They will also be running Zoom sessions in the near future, which will cover general career support and tips.