In Canadian colleges and universities, essay-writing is one of the most common assignments given to students. We want to help you get equipped with the resources and essay writing tips you need to master the 5-paragraph essay, as well as help you improve your overall academic writing skills. Furthermore, if you are writing essays, you may also want to brush-up on what it means to cite your sources to avoid plagiarism.
We have gathered some helpful links, resources and essay writing tips to assist you in your academic writing:
- How to create a 5-paragraph essay: A breakdown of what you should include in each paragraph. If you are more of a visual learner, check out The Learning Portal’s video on essay writing.
- Ready to give it a try? This essay template can help you organize your thoughts and ideas.
- Need a little more practice? You can access tutorials to help you practice your writing skills which will be instantly scored . This is a great tool to help you identify which areas you may need to improve on.
- Learn what plagiarism is and how to avoid it here!
- Grammarly is also a helpful resource for you to use to edit your work and check for plagiarism. Watch this video to learn how to access your Premium Grammarly account.
- Check out our guide which shows you how to integrate APA Formatting into your paper.
- Practice your use of quotations in essay writing by completing this activity on The Learning Portal.
- Need a little refresher on other do’s and don’ts in academic writing? We’ve got you covered.