In Canadian colleges and universities, essay-writing is one of the most common assignments given to students. We want to help you get equipped with the resources you need to master the 5-paragraph essay, as well as help you improve your overall academic writing skills. Furthermore, if you are writing essays, you may also want to brush-up on what it means to cite your sources to avoid plagiarism.
We have gathered some helpful links and resources to assist you in your academic writing:
- How to create a 5-paragraph essay: A breakdown of what you should include in each paragraph. If you are more of a visual learner, check out The Learning Portal’s video on essay writing.
- Ready to give it a try? This essay template can help you organize your thoughts and ideas.
- Need a little more practice? You can access tutorials to help you practice your writing skills which will be instantly scored . This is a great tool to help you identify which areas you may need to improve on.
- Learn what plagiarism is and how to avoid it here!
- Grammarly is also a helpful resource for you to use to edit your work and check for plagiarism. Watch this video to learn how to access your Premium Grammarly account.
- Check out our guide which shows you how to integrate APA Formatting into your paper.
- Practice your use of quotations in essay writing by completing this activity on The Learning Portal.
- Need a little refresher on other do’s and don’ts in academic writing? We’ve got you covered.
Did you know that along with the above resources, the Student Services Team is also here to help? We would love to connect with you if you have any questions regarding academic writing and citations. Email us at: email@example.com.